Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I have a confession to make...

For the last couple months of my relationship with "Larry", I started to develop a crush on this kid that I work with. I shouldn't say kid cuz he's almost a year older than I am. This GUY, more like. Anyway, I never did anything about it. In fact, I pushed it out of my mind for those last months. The thing that sucks is that it turns out the guy had a crush on me too..
The day after I broke up with "Larry", I was at work, and one of my other friends came up and was talking to me about random stuff and we got on the subject of my relationship and I told him it was over. This guy I was talking to is basically like my little brother. He's almost 2 years younger than me and we make fun of each other all the time. But he stood by my station and listened while I told him about everything, and told me he was really sorry I was going through it and all, which was nice, but he couldn't stay long cuz otherwise our supervisor would've gotten PO'd, so he told me not to leave directly after work so we could talk about it some more. Anyway, after the shift was over, as I was about to leave, I got a call from this other guy (the one I'd been kinda crushing on secretly)asking me if I was ok, and what happened and everything. I talked to him for a few minutes on the phone, then I had to go cuz my friend was waiting for me so we could talk. It was only a few minutes, then I had to go home and take "Larry" his stuff, which was really hard to do, so I called my friend back (the one who called me), and we talked some more about everything, then he had to go cuz he was looking at tracting shoes for his mission, but the following Monday, we had a cleaning shift together at work cuz they closed down the pool for a week for maintenance so we decided to go work and get paid. Once we were done with the shift, we all went to In n' Out and got food, then, we'll call him "Nick", drove me and this other guy that rode with us back to work so I could get my car and the other guy could get his bike. We dropped off the other guy at the front of the building, then "Nick" drove me to the back parking lot where my car was. He pulled up right by my car then parked and turned his car off and asked if I wanted to talk about anything. I told him I didn't know what else to say about anything, but then we just started talking, and eventually I said I needed to go cuz I needed to work with my understudy for the play i'm in. He asked me if I wanted a hug. I said yes. So we got out of his car, and went in the shade of a little tree by my car and he gave me a long hug. After that we sat on the curb for a while and he put his arm around my shoulder and we talked some more and I was sitting with my knees curled to my chest and he was like "it's gonna be ok. you'll find somebody." and for some reason, when he said that, I got all emotional and suddenly he had wrapped his arms around me again and was holding me close to him. Basically, the gist of it was we ended up holding hands, and he told me that he's liked me for a while. I told him the same thing. The day after though, he suddenly started acting all weird, and I couldn't figure out why, but just tonight, I finally just came straight out and said "do we need to start keeping our distance so you can prepare for your mission?" and he said "yeah, yeah i'm worried." so i said "alright, i understand. you really could've told me before though." and he said "yeah, i was scared." and now it's back to he'll hardly even talk to me..
I feel really stupid.
I probably shouldn't have even told him or anything cuz he's leaving in October and he's gonna be gone for 2 years. idk..

No comments:

Post a Comment