Monday, June 18, 2012

I promise I'm not a stalker!

Ok, so, quick story, then some of us have to go to bed.
Last Thursday, I was with Peter, and we decided to walk down to a gas station and get drinks. The gas station is really close to Ty's house, so we had to pass it on our way there. No big deal.
On our way back though, we were about two houses down from his and I noticed there were people outside his house. 
I stopped dead in the middle of the sidewalk.
Peter asked if I was ok, I said I wasn't going to move until they were gone. Of course, they ended up getting in their car and driving right past us! Thank heaven for Peter, he stood on the outside of the sidewalk, to try to shield me from their headlights. 
Once they were gone, we kept walking, but keep in mind, it was about 10:30 at night. 
I thought, what a grand opportunity!
We could stick around, hidden from sight, and wait till they got home. If Ty was with them, I could see him, but he wouldn't see me! Maybe this crazy addiction to his face would go away if I indulged it once!
So, we stuck around, probably about 15 minutes, and Peter started to get an earache, so he asked if we were gonna stay much longer, and I said "If the next car that passes isn't him, we'll go. Deal?" He said that was fine, and we stood there talking for a bit. No cars were coming back up the road they'd gone down, so I wasn't worried. My back was to the road, and suddenly, a pair of headlights appeared from behind us and stayed for a long time... 
They were slowing down...
And then their white car turned into his driveway.
I was in plain sight!
"We need to get out of here!" I whispered, panicked, to Peter. There was a bush nearby, and I quickly ran behind it with Peter close behind. 
"Dude, where'd those people go?" One of them asked as they got out of their car, and I tried to not hyperventilate but my heart was pumping so much adrenaline I could scarcely sit still. 
I watched through the bush, and it looked like we were safe, but suddenly a hulking figure wearing a black shirt and red shorts came sneaking across the road! I couldn't see the face, but I was almost certain it was Ty! 
What kind of situation would that be for us to be hiding and discovered by the person we came to see??? Holy awkwardness!
I turned around and headed for the sidewalk, telling Peter to come walk with me, and we walked quickly away from the yard, and down the adjacent street.  I asked if the person was following us, and Peter said he didn't want to turn and look.
"I can't check! If it is Ty, and I turn around, and he sees me, I'm, screwed!" I whispered, and after walking past several more houses, we slowed and looked behind us. 
There was nobody there. 
I still don't know who it was, but the more I think about it, the more sure I am that it was probably his sister's boyfriend, because Ty's too cool to go after "stalkers". He probably would've just looked across the street, said "whatever" and gone inside. And even if he did come after us, I'm positive he wouldn't have barked like that guy did...

No comments:

Post a Comment