Sunday, June 24, 2012

I'm not dating. Or am i...?

Ok, so, on Wednesday I went to Lagoon with a couple friends, didn't think anything was gonna happen. One of said friends was Mark, the guy I met at my friend's mission farewell.
The whole time we were at the park, when he'd walk next to me, our hands would always brush, like, all the time.
I kinda figured he wanted to hold my hand but I didn't want to say anything.
When we went on the Ferris Wheel, he was like "I'm kind of afraid of heights. I need to hold somebody's hand" in a joking way. He totally wasn't being serious. Me, also not being serious, said "It's ok Mark, I'll hold your hand"
When we got to the top of the wheel, he went rigid, and I could tell he was freaking out, so I reached over and grabbed his hand, still just kinda going with the joke we had.
As soon as the ride was over, I let go of his hand, and we went along our merry way, but still, whenever we'd walk side by side, he'd always brush my hand with his.
We ended up going again later, and again, I held his hand so he "wouldn't be scared" but that time, instead of just leaving it as was, he like, fit his hand comfortably into mine..
After that I was like 'Uhhh, ok..."
But it wasn't bad.
It didn't feel weird.
When we left Lagoon and drove home, we had to take the other girl home first, and then we went to my house and I remembered I had work in less than 4 hours so I was just going to stay up all night and wait to go to work. He stayed up with me, and we went on a walk. In the first block or so, he brushed my hand sooo many times that I knew he wanted to hold my hand, but he wouldn't grab it!
So, I stuck my hands in my pockets.
I caught him glance down at my hands like, "dang it.." so I said "My fingers are cold.."
"Here." He offered his hand, and we did the interlacing fingers hold.
I kind of smirked to myself because it was like "There you go, good job."
We came back to my house and got up on my roof and watched the stars, but it was cold, so we went inside and got blankets and we were going to go on the grass, but it was wet because my mom had just watered, so we went on the sidewalk. He put his arms around me, and we talked about lots of things, and watched for shooting stars, and then we started a competition to see who could see the most. By the end of the night, we'd both seen 13.
When it got to be 3:30, I told him it was time for me to go get ready for work, so we hugged and said good night, well, good morning more like.

Then yesterday, we went on another date..
We went to dinner at Subway then to go see the new Disney Pixar movie, 'Brave', which, by the way, was awesome.
At the beginning of the movie, our elbows and hands were touching, but he still wouldn't grab my hand. I guess he gets really nervous about that sort of thing. In fact, eventually, he took his hand away altogether, and I was about to be rather disappointed, but then he moved my arm and put the arm rest up, and put his arms around me. We cuddled like that for the whole movie, and when it was over, we went to go back to his car and he couldn't find his car key, so we ran back into the theater to look for it. We didn't find anything, and I asked if maybe he'd left it in the keyhole, so we went back out to his car, and sure enough, there it was. I felt rather awesome.
I was teasing him about not being able to relax from almost losing his key, but then I reached over and grabbed his hand, which I think shocked him, but after that he had no problem in just reaching over and grabbing mine when we would let go.
Little bit of back story, my parents and family besides my older brother were gone for the weekend, so when we got back to my house, I was gonna be alone, basically, so he offered to help me wind down and get to sleep. We went downstairs and watched one of my favorite chick-flicks, and I actually ended up falling asleep when he was holding me..
When the movie was over, I said I could probably go to sleep and be fine, so we hugged and he left, and I went and got ready for bed, and it turned out to be ok. I was still kind of freaked out after turning my light off, so I slept with my two big pillows on either side of me and my pepper spray on my night stand.
I don't know what to call it. We haven't had a "DTR" and honestly, I don't want to have one. There isn't any "relationship" involved. And there most likely won't ever will be one. But I can like him if I want, there's no harm in that.
Right?

1 comment: