Thursday, September 18, 2014

First RM date... awkward!!!

So, just a little disclaimer,
my definition of a date is when two people of opposite genders
are together doing some kind of activity, doesn't matter
what it is, if they're doing it together, it's a date.
If they're not already married, that is.

Anyway.

So, Tuesday, Peter came over! 
I don't know if I had said this, but he and I had kind of "ended" 
our friendship back in 2012 because he started dating
some awful girl who really did him wrong.
But, that's beside the point.  
While I was on my mission, he wrote me, and said
he wants to be friends again! Yay!
When, I got home, he asked me if we could hang out, 
so he came over yesterday while I was packing.
Oh yeah, my family is moving across the country, btw.
After I was done packing up all my stuff, he wanted
to take me out somewhere, even though I was the one with the car.
So, we went to Cafe' Rio.  
I felt so bad, I kept doing all sorts of missionary things...
For example:
1. I almost opened the door for myself and for him.
2. I was using my "mission manners" while we were there.
3. I kept checking my watch.
4. I started to get a little antsy when we had been there
for over an hour...
Yeah, it was a little embarrassing.
Luckily, he's a good friend and didn't give me 
too much of a hard time about it.
The weirdest thing though, was how when we first
got there, I literally started freaking out inside
that I was by myself with a guy... 
I didn't say anything about it, 
but I was kind of having a mini-panic attack inside.
But, I'm glad I had this one to kind of "practice" with,
because I'm going on a "date" with someone I actually
really like on Friday, and I really hope that one
doesn't turn out super awkward... 



No comments:

Post a Comment