Monday, September 22, 2014

I'm just a little too over you, because I have someone else

Wow, so, I have a lot to fill in on for the past little while.  
So, I think I mentioned how Nick has a girlfriend now,
which turns out he asked her to marry him.
No big deal.
So, anyway, I don't think I ever mentioned Ricky.
That cover name doesn't do his real name justice at all,
but I can live with it, because I get to use his real name
in real life.
So whatever.
Anyway, Ricky is probably one of the best guys I have
ever met in my whole life.
Ever since High School, I've always really admired and 
looked up to him, and thought of him as just a gem that any girl
would be so lucky to be able to call him hers, but I never saw
myself as being able to call him mine, because I thought he 
was way out of my league, because I wasn't
the perfect little Mormon girl who got her 
Young Womanhood Recognition when she was 14 or 
whatever, but I just always thought he was really awesome.
Anyway, so when I came home from my mission, 
he asked me to hang out, so of course I said yes!
We ended up watching Star Trek 2 together at his house, 
which was a lot of fun, and turns out he's a really big nerd too!
That kind of totally made my life.
Anyway, after Friday, he said he would be coming to my
Homecoming the next day, and then he asked me again
when I was leaving for Tennessee. 
Did I mention that? My family is moving to Tennessee.
Tomorrow, actually. 
Anyway, he asked me when I was leaving, and I said "Monday"
and he looked genuinely disappointed that I was leaving.
When he dropped me off, he gave me a huge hug
which I could have just melted over, and then of course, I saw him 
on Saturday, which was also great, although we didn't
get as much time to talk, although we agreed that he was 
going to come with me to church the next day, so I would 
see him 3 days in a row!  I seriously felt so lucky!
So, he came to church with me today, and afterward, he came over
to try to help me with something with my email, but we 
couldn't figure it out, which was annoying.
But, after that, he went home, and then I remembered
that I had forgotten to get a picture with him!
So, after we got back from my Grandma's house 
(where we had gone for dinner)
he came back over and we talked some more, 
and it was really weird, while he was here,
Nick called me...
It was seriously the weirdest thing. I answered the phone,
and there were a lot of awkward pauses, 
so I said "I'll call you back." 
So then I could finish talking with Ricky.
When it was time for him to leave, he hugged me once, 
and it was really long, and then we kept talking,
so then he hugged me again, and that one was really long too,
and then after that we kept talking, so then when he actually left,
I got another hug, so I got 3 hugs from him tonight!
And we're making plans already for the things 
we're going to do when I get back.
Am I a little wonderstruck?
Yes.
After I came inside from walking Ricky out to his car,
I decided I better call Nick back, because I would 
feel bad if I didn't keep my word.
So, I called him, and he said he just called me because
he felt like he should...? Whatever that means.
But anyway, we started talking, and I asked him how
he was doing with his girlfriend being gone on her mission,
and he was telling me about it and then he said
"This is really weird to be talking to you about this."
Which, I agreed, it was a little strange, but
I figure I can at least be his friend still.
I mean, it was really strange, we were talking about 
him and some other girl,
but for some reason, I felt completely and totally calm,
totally at peace with the way the situation had turned out.
I think I can say I'm legitimately completely over Nick.
Like, I didn't even have a pang of heartache while I was
talking to him about his girlfriend.
I feel like that's a major achievement on my part!
It was really weird, as much as he says he is, 
I don't think he's totally over me yet.
It's sad, and I almost told him that I have someone else,
but I figured that might be a little much, considering
he just "lost" his girlfriend to the MTC.
So, I figure I'll be his friend and maybe 
help him actually wait for her, and hopefully things
will work out between them.
Like, I legitimately hope that things for them work out.
I really do.
It's just nice to be able to have moved on, not just because
I have this amazing guy that I really like, but just
because I got over him by myself before I even came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment