Saturday, January 24, 2015

Wait... what just happened?

So, it's been a really crazy last couple of weeks.
I got to Utah, and I'd been really mad over what happened
with Ricky and with the guy whom the previous post is about.
I think I called him David?
Anyway, that's not important.
I have better things to talk about today.
I have much better things to talk about, actually.
I think I've made this pretty clear to 
anyone and everyone who has ever known me,
but I have been completely and absolutely
opposed to being set up on dates.
Like, blind dates.
Bleh.
Even thinking about going on a blind date
would make my stomach churn and I would feel
all jittery and nervous. 
But, when I got to Utah, I was talking to
my cousin, who's also my roommate 
at the moment, and she told me about her friend
Cade, who she said she would really like to
set me up with.
Now, my natural instinct would have been to say
"Thank you, but no."
But for some reason, when she was telling me about him,
suddenly words "Yeah, that sounds great!"
came out of my mouth, and I was like 
"Wait...what?"
So she got a hold of him and said that he should 
ask me out, which he did!
He called me on Thursday and asked if I would like
to go out to dinner, which I said I would,
so we agreed on Friday (yesterday).
I wasn't able to talk to him for very long because
the fire alarm went off at work and I had to run,
but when I went on the date with him 
yesterday, first off, he was punctual,
in fact he was a couple minutes early,
and then all throughout the date he was completely
and totally chivalrous and courteous, he had wonderful
manners, I never heard him say a negative word 
about anyone or anything, he told me all about
his family, especially his four younger sisters,
and by the end of the date, I think I could say 
he had me, hook, line, and sinker.
It was honestly the best date I've ever been on
in my whole life.
And, while we were out, he told me about
how he has passes to go to the BYU basketball
games, and he told me that if I ever want to go,
I can go with him.
Plus, he asked me on another date next week anyway.
Which I'm really excited for.
There are so many things about him that I'm just
enraptured by, I can't even get over it.
I'm just trying to be myself and keep my sense of 
propriety so I don't overstep my bounds.
As far as I know, he doesn't have anyone that he's
"committed" to, or anything, because he seemed
genuinely interested in me.
Like, the way he would look right into my eyes
while we were at dinner. It almost made me
a little uncomfortable the first time he did it,
but then, I had this thought that just said 
"relax, it's ok. Look back at him."
So I did.
He has gorgeous eyes..
And he's really tall.
And his hair is dark.
3 major plus marks for him!
But those are just minor things compared to the rest.
Man, I feel like I'm totally raving about him..
I've only been on one date with him haha
but, the rest is yet to come!
I'm really excited for it!
First blind date?
Success.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment