Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentimes

Alright, wow.
I'm shocked!
So, Cade and I have been pretty much dating since that first date almost 3 weeks ago. Never in a million years thought that would happen.
He's already met all my extended family, and I've met his immediate family, although his mom doesn't seem to like me very much... that kind of worries me, but everyone I know calls that the "mother-in-law syndrome".
I never really knew what that meant.
Now I do.
It's not fun, by the way. Although I can understand her perspective. Given how much I don't like girls generally, if I have sons and they're bringing girls home to meet the family, I may have some concerns as well, so I'm trying to not let it totally overwhelm me and make me panic. Naturally, that's kind of what I want to do, but I'm trying to keep calm.
But, anyway, that's not what I wanted to write this post about.
I wanted to give a particular shout-out to Cade for the best Valentine's Day ever! I had to work this morning, but I guess he was planning to surprise me after I got home from work. Even my grandma and my cousin were in on it! I have to admit, I kind of suspected that he was planning something to surprise me, but I didn't know what. What it ended up being was he brought me Reeses and some balloons, and this adorable card :) it was so cute! Then he took me out to lunch at Zupas and originally we were going to go play Frisbee and take a walk, but we decided to go for a hike instead, which turned out to be BEAUTIFUL!
Go figure. Hiking in February.
It was probably the best Valentine's Day I've ever had in my whole life. No joke about that. And, as a plus, I reached my pedometer goal today. Kudos to me. So, to reward myself, I vegged out on my bed watching Tangled tonight. I figured that's the best chick-flick I have, so I went with it. And it was great! I watched Tangled and ate all my Reeses. It was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment