Saturday, December 31, 2011

Music

It's taken a while for me to decide what my favorite love song is as of late. Most of them, I can't stand listening to because they remind me of Ty.  
One that has been sort of rejuvenating is Rainbow by Colbie Caillat, because it talks about how she doesn't know when she's gonna find the one who's perfect for her, but it doesn't mean she won't stop looking.  It's almost like Michael Buble's "Just Haven't Met You Yet", but from a woman's perspective :) 
I like it.
But, the love song that I can't listen to without getting a little teary is Michael's "Hold On"
For any of you who haven't heard that song before, it's a MUST HAVE on your playlists.
The main message is that when life gets tough, and things just aren't working out the way you want them to,
"You have someone here that you can wrap your arms around..."
Oh my gosh, I love this song so much.
It's made it to the list of possibilities for my first dance with my husband at my reception.
And just for the record, I don't actually think about my future wedding very much.
But, I think it would be sooo sweet to do the dance-thingy the traditional way, where the bride dances with her father FIRST, and then her husband taps him on the shoulder and he kind of hands her over to him.  You know, the whole "he's giving her to him" thing.
Oh my gosh, I'm gonna cry!
I'm so sappy!!!
I have decided another thing though... When I dance with my dad, we're gonna dance to "Butterfly Kisses."  I don't know who it's by, but I'm going to find out, because it's perfect.  Another possibility was "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift, but that one kind of got nixed because I didn't grow up on a farm, and I didn't have that many outings with my dad when I was younger.  We didn't have all that great of a relationship...
I do love the line that says "Now I know why all the trees change in the fall, I know you were on my side even when I was wrong, and I love you for giving me your eyes, and staying back and watching me shine and I didn't know if you know, but I'm taking this chance to say that I had the Best Day with you today."
It's the last line of the song and I actually used to cry when I heard it.
I cry over everything...
Holy crap.
Nothing makes love like music :)

No comments:

Post a Comment