Saturday, February 11, 2012

Waking Up

Today, I did a momentous thing.  
I got rid of everything Ty ever gave me, except for the little Teddy Bear he gave me, which I named Pierre.. I can't find it in me to part with the little guy yet. 
It was a little easier than I thought it would be, but it was still really hard.  Hard enough that as soon as I let go of the box and it fell into the trash can, I broke into tears and had to take a really long walk.  I had expected the rest of today to be really really hard, and that I wouldn't be able to get my mind off of getting rid of everything, and that I'd be filled with regret about it, but as I was on my walk, my dad texted me, asking where I was.
I had forgotten to tell my parents where I was going, so I was hoping I wasn't about to get in trouble. I told him I was out walking and asked if he needed me home, and he said:
"No, but there's a letter here from someone named 'Elder'." 
Immediately it felt like my heart leapt in my chest!
"I'll be home in a minute."  I responded, then ran home in my jeans, mocasins, and flannel button-up shirt. It didn't go that well, honestly, but I had to get home! 
As soon as I was in the house, I tried to walk casually to my room, but hurried a little too quickly.  The letter was there on my bed, and I opened it and read, relishing in every word on the paper.  
It would definitely seem as though God knew exactly what to send me today.  I was at the lowest of lows, but he sent me a little reminder that someone's out there who cares about me as much as He does :)
This makes 8 letters from Nick.

No comments:

Post a Comment