Saturday, April 25, 2015

Guess who?

So, this may come as an intense surprise. Guess who pretty much came back from the dead?
Ricky.
I don't think I posted about the time that he texted me about a month or so ago. I was a real witch when we talked then, like totally emotionless. My wall was up hardcore. So anyway, he just finished finals last week, so he's on summer break, and a couple days ago I got a text from someone in my old group of friends from High School who wanted to get together and have a party. Ricky was going to be there, so I was a little wary of going, but I was thinking "I'll show him. I'll go and be just fine." So then, the day of the party, I was on my Facebook, and he was online, so I was like "I'm gonna prove my point. He won't answer." So, I messaged him. I waited a few minutes, and nothing, so I exited the conversation window, rather pleased with myself, but suddenly it popped back up again.. he had responded! That was the first time in months! And in fact, he was the one doing most of the conversing and asking questions and such. I was honestly shocked. We got off the chat, because I had to go to work, and he was like "see you tonight!" So we got off, and I was going to work, and then he texted me! I was like "ok, what do you want??" because it was like "can you really not wait until tonight to talk to me?" so, we texted back and forth a little, then after work I went to Figit's house - remember him? I dated him before my mission. We're still good friends. Anyway, I was with Figit for a couple hours, then I went over to the party. When I walked in, Ricky was there, and we were all talking and reminiscing and whatnot, and I noticed that Ricky kept staring at me. A lot. And there was one moment when I was explaining to everyone why they never know what's going on in my life, and I just said "that's because I don't really tell anybody anything," and then Ricky chimed in with the things he and I had been talking about. I couldn't help but wonder if he was saying those things just to prove that he was paying attention to what I was saying. Later, we had all moved to the couches, and I ended up sitting next to Ricky, and at one point he turned to me and mentioned that he seemed to have a talent for disappearing off the face of the Earth. I turned to him, and quietly enough that no one else could hear, I said "yeah, I know." rather sharply, and his expression seemed to melt. He said "I'm so sorry that I disappeared back in October. I really feel bad about that." I didn't know what to say, so I just looked from him back to everyone else at least twice, smirking uncertainly, and then said "ok." It was the best I could come up with.
We went on throughout the evening cordially, but he kept smacking me with a pillow. I got him back a couple times. At the end of the party, we ended up leaving at the same time, and as we walked out, we were talking, and got rather carried away in our conversation until I had started to shiver. He offered for us to continue talking in his car, so we went and continued on talking sitting in his car, which is very nice, by the way.
Again, he started talking about how he felt really bad for disappearing, and started to give his explanation. He never mentioned our mutual friend that I knew he had had a crush on for a while, just school. So, I asked him directly if she had anything to do with it. He said she didnt, and continued to explain his behavior, because apparently he somewhat shut down because of the load of schoolwork that had been heaped on him. I understood the shutting down part completely.
So then he me how I was doing, and I could tell he didn't want a "yes" or "no", so I said "better." He wanted to know what I meant by that, so I said "better than I was out in Tennessee." So then he asked what happened. He wanted to know what had happened to me out there. I asked him twice if he was sure he wanted to hear the whole story, because it wasn't a good story, but he insisted. So, warily, I began telling him about how day by day out there doing nothing, I began to lose myself and get lost in a daze. The depression was so bad that sometimes I couldn't get out of bed until the middle of the afternoon. At one point, I had seriously been considering suicide, and had made a plan for how I was going to do it, and that's when I started therapy. I told him that my Branch President in Tennessee made me promise that I would continue out here, so I said I go to therapy every week, and I've been getting a lot better. It was a much different reaction than the one I got when I told Cade. It was the sort of reaction I've been hoping for. He didn't freak out, but he just gave his sympathy as best he could, which was all I needed. So then, here's the climax, he asked me on a date. Originally it was actually supposed to be tonight, but we ended up having to reschedule to Monday, which I'm ok with. I'm exhausted.
But yeah, so, Ricky is back in the picture. He has officially re-entered the "love angle".

No comments:

Post a Comment