Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Worst Night EVER!

I've had the flu plenty of times in my life. 
Enough to think I'd had my fair share of illness and aches and not being able to eat anything for fear of throwing up.
None of them compare to last night though.
It started around 10:30, I wasn't feeling all that great after dinner, so my family all told me to go to bed, and I'd wake up feeling better, but I couldn't go to sleep.  My stomach felt like it was churning and bubbling and just plain didn't feel good. I was talking to Nathan at the time, and then, at midnight, I knew it was coming. I rushed to the bathroom and puked. 
:P
When I got back in bed, I managed to get about half an hour of sleep, then suddenly, I felt it coming, so I ran to the bathroom and puked again!
Got back in bed, tried to sleep for another half hour, then it happened AGAIN!
And AGAIN!!!
After the fourth time, I finally decided that I was NOT gonna go through the whole night like this, so I went to my parents room and woke my mom up. Both she and my dad got up and we all went out to the living room.  My skin was cold and clammy and WHITE!
My dad said I literally looked like a ghost.
My mom made me some tea and asked me if I'd try to drink some, so I did, and went and threw up again.
-.-
Then I came back out and tried to drink some water. That sat for maybe fifteen minutes, then I threw up again.  By now, my dad had called someone from our health insurance and asked them about what the heck was going on with my body, and if we should call a doctor.  After telling them everything that was going on with me, they said it would be wise to call a doctor, so they did, and I went and puked again.  
After he got off the phone with the nurse at the doctor's office, we sat for a long time.  The nurse had said for me to drink some Gatorade, or something like unto it, so my mom gave me this stuff called "pedialite" or something.  
It was gross.
And it made me puke again. 
:P 
So then my dad gave me a blessing that I would get better and stop throwing up, then he went to get me some Gatorade and some Coke, and I managed to fall asleep for a couple hours, then when my siblings were getting up and ready for school, I threw up again. 
But, that was the last time.
:D
I slept a loooot throughout the rest of the day, but didn't end up watching a movie until later that night when my dad needed to paint upstairs and I didn't want the fumes to make me sick, so I went downstairs where the TV was.  I managed to eat a little tiny bit before I went to bed, and it stayed down, and I've been getting steadily better.
In the middle of the day, Nathan came to "visit the sick and afflicted", meaning me.  He stayed at my house and we talked for a good hour and a half, then he had to go home and finish stringing lights on his house, but he kept texting me throughout the rest of the day until he had to go to work.
It really sucked though, the whole day I was so sick, the only person I reeeaaalllly wanted to see was Nick.  I could see him in my mind though, coming up the stairs and his brow wrinkling up when he saw me. He was wearing a brown jacket with fur on the inside and a red shirt, dark wash jeans, and of course, his cowboy boots. I'm still waiting on a letter from him. We'll see how much longer it takes...
Hopefully not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment