Sunday, July 15, 2012

This is why I don't do lessons on marriage! I end up getting kidnapped!

That basically completely sums up how Thursday went for me.
I went to Institute, after driving half an hour on the freeway and back to get 
my cute little laptop that I happen to be typing on right now. He's the best.
But anyway, I went straight from driving to pick it up to Institute, 
went and sat down in my class, and Nathan (who, by the way, hasn't really spoken 
to me in almost a month, but I don't care) was sitting in my classroom.
He got up and came and talked to me for a minute, and was like 
"So when's that lesson on marriage?"
I said "It better not be today or I'm leaving."
Guess what?
OF COURSE it was that night! Frick.
So, I sat politely through the whole lesson, and even put in some 
comments here and there, and after the lesson was done, I headed
out to where they give us food every night.
Yeah, I go to Institute for the food. And the spirituality. Dur.
But mostly the food. Haha
So anyway, a VERY old friend of mine has been coming to Institute lately.
A friend I met back when I was 12. He was 15 at the time, and I won't lie,
I had a total crush on him back then, but now I'm like "Ew."
The point of that is that he was walking around with his friend talking to 
people, and decided to come say hi to me.  
I'm gonna call him Jason.
His friend's name is going to be Kyson.
Ok. 
So, I'm standing talking to one of my friends, and suddenly Jason
comes up and says "Gracie-lou-freebush!" which was my 7th grade nickname,
and then he just GRABS me and hugs me!
I was like "Uh...Hi Jason."
So, as if that wasn't already awkward enough, then he and his friend wouldn't
LEAVE.
They joined our circle and were talking to us, and then Jason decided to people on the
other side of the circle were cooler, so he blocked out me and my friend.
She says "That was kinda rude, he just basically closed us out."
We were talking loud enough so that he could hear us, but he wasn't
paying attention, which was one of the things we talked about in Institute.
How girls will have "secret" conversations loud enough for guys to hear
but the guys won't be paying attention so they miss out on something that
was probably really important. That's what Jason was doing, and I thought it was
hilarious.
 Finally, Kyson turns and is like "What?"
So I say "Nothing, we weren't talking to you."
Then Jason turns around and is like "What? What were you talking about?"
Me and my friend laughed at him. Then he looked really concerned.
"No, what were you saying? Tell me." He said, and I could tell he was nervous.
So I said "No, I was talking loud enough for you to hear, but you weren't listening."
I was relishing in every moment of this. Yeah, I'm a jerk, whatever.
It started to get a little darker, then Jason says "You guys should come have
a Nerf war at another church pretty near here."
My friend says "I can't, I have work early in the morning."
So then they turn to me and Jason says "Come on, you gotta come."
I say "I don't know..." 
but in my mind, I'm thinking "Frick, think of an excuse!!!"
I didn't come up with anything fast enough, because suddenly Jason starts coming
toward me, so I back up right into Kyson, who swipes my feet out from under me,
and Jason helps him pick me up and they start carrying me away from the building!
"Put me down!" I screamed, and I squirmed out of their grip. 
Jason smirked, and said "You gotta come."
"Ok, fine, I'll come." I gave in, and he was about to grab me around the shoulders
but I backed up, putting up my hand and said "I'm driving myself."
And he said "Ok, then let's go to your car."
"My car is up at the park." I said matter-of-factly, and he shrugged.
"Ok, come with me to my car, and I'll take you to your car."
My mouth hung open uselessly, and he said "Ok, let's go." and took my arm,
leading me away from the building. I walked with them down the street to where his 
car was parked in front of this old lady's house, who was an old family friend of theirs.
His cousin is a good friend of mine, and as we were passing in front of the house, 
I looked in the open window and she was sitting at the table talking to the old lady.
Of course.
She looked out at us like o.O
and I made a face like "Help!"
I got into his car though, and thank heaven he drove me up to my car, like he said
he would. I will admit I was nervous he wasn't going to.
When we parked next to me car, he got out and practically raced around
the front of his car to open my door for me, then he did the same for MY car door,
which was nice and chivalrous and all, but honestly, I was like "dude, you're
trying too hard." inside.
"Are you gonna come?" He asked as I got in my car.
"I told you I would." I said, rolling my eyes.
"Ok.. don't ditch me." He said, and I nodded at him, half-smirking.
I followed him to the church, and we found where we needed to suit up
and get all of our guns/ammunition. 
I knew more about Nerf guns than he did, which was hilarious, because he
kept getting his jammed and I'd have to fix it for him.
It made me super nervous though, because every frickin time he wanted to 
talk to me, he would literally stand RIGHT OVER ME, which I've been
told means that he was "inconspicuously" trying to look down my shirt, which I 
certainly hope not, because that's sick. Either way, it made me feel super nervous.
After two rounds of teams, we were reloading, and he reached over and poked me
in the side! I haven't seen him in 6 years but I guess he still remembers that I' m
super ticklish. Ugh. So anyway, Kyson saw me jump, and after that, both of them wouldn't
stop poking me, and I swear I nearly punched one of them in the face. But, instead, I just
shot them in the face with my Nerf darts.
For the last round, we were playing zombies, and we all went and hid in the chapel 
overflow, under the benches. It was dark, and Jason's head was at my feet, and we were
just whispering about random stuff, and suddenly he grabbed my ankle. I jerked my foot
away and was like "What the crap are you doing?" 
"You're not ticklish there, are you?" He asked, and I was really temped to just kick 
into the darkness and hope I hit him in the head. I refrained, though, but later,
he grabbed my leg, higher up on my calf, and I kicked his hand.
"Stop touching me!" I hissed, hearing a soft "ow." come from where he was hiding. "Ok,
fine." He said, and I sighed, exasperated.
After that round, it was time for me to go home, but Jason was leaving at the same time. 
Of course, he came and opened my car door for me again, and I got in, he said 
it was nice to see me again, then shut my door and I drove off.

Two nights ago, I was on my laptop again, working on a project for my Girls Camp
this year (I'm the assistant Girls Camp Director for my ward) and Mark 
(the guy I've been kinda dating, kinda not) had asked me if I wanted to hang out,
but I told him I better not because it was kinda late, and he said "Ok."
Not kidding, two seconds afterward, my phone starts vibrating up the wazoo,
and I look at it, and Jason was calling me! (I left out that detail, he'd managed to snag
my number.) I answered, and he was like "Hey, me and some friends are gonna 
watch a movie, you should come." and I was like "I can't tonight, I'm pretty busy."
and he says "Why? What are you doing?"
Talk about invasive!
If I wanted you to know, I would tell you what I'm doing! Dur!
So I told him what I was doing, and he was like "oh...ok." but then I felt bad, so 
I said "Maybe another time."
And now I'm seriously regretting it.
I don't know when he's gonna try that again, but I really hope it's not anytime soon.
That would just be weird.
That's my story from last week. 
Mark was gone for a week fishing in Alaska, everyone kept being like "It must
be so hard with him gone." and I'd be like "no, not really" and they were like
"Whaaat???" and I'd just laugh.
I'm not committed! Come on!
And this is why, crazy stuff happens when you commit to someone.
Bleh.
Who am I kidding? 
Crazy stuff happens even if you aren't committed to someone.
Guys are just retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment