Monday, October 13, 2014

Conundrum...

Ok, I'm going to complain about something,
and hardly anyone reads this so I'm going
to be COMPLETELY HONEST about it!
So, I have a problem.
Guys like me.
Now, before you punch your computer screen
pretending it's my face,
let me explain why this is a problem.
I'm REALLY PICKY about who I will
and won't date.
BUT, I also try to be sensitive to others' feelings,
including the feelings of guys that I'm 
not interested in romantically.
I know it takes a LOT of guts for a guy to ask a girl
for her number, or on a date, etc. etc.
I KNOW! 
So, then, I'm left with this problem that I can't
seem to be "just friends" with a guy.
It seems impossible for me to even "friends zone" them!
I've tried!
What happens?
They come back again later asking the same questions
I said "No" to before! 
Ugh!
Now, when I say I'm picky about who I will 
and won't date, let me explain that as well.
I'm old-fashioned.
I was at a meeting today, where people came up
and introduced themselves to me, and each time
someone would come up to introduce themselves to me,
I would stand up.
Common courtesy, polite, etiquette, maybe? 
I actually had a guy tell me that I shouldn't do that.
Excuse me? 
Guys aren't the only ones who should be polite.
That's what I mean by old-fashioned.
I believe old habits are still relevant, 
and should be used.
Nothing makes my heart flutter more than
when I guy calls me "Ma'am."
I hate the terms "Babe", "Sexy", "Hot,"
etc. Derogatory terms. Yuck.
Not attractive at all.
So, when I walk into a church full of guys
all dressed like punks with their bright-colored
suspenders and bowties and VANZ
whatever the heck else they come up with,
I don't take interest in any of them!
But, say a guy walks in with a nice suit on with a 
WHITE SHIRT, a modest tie, meaning
not too wide or too skinny, and not too wild or crazy,
and is clean-shaven, has a good haircut, 
and is wearing a belt that matches his shoes, 
and his socks match his pants,
WOW!
There's an attractive young man!
So, now, girls, I know you still probably want to
punch me in the face, because I've gotten
that response before when I try to vent about this
because it really actually bothers me that I can't
walk into a room, even a church-event,
where there are single guys
and not have at least one of them ask me for
my number.
It's annoying!!!
It's not a confidence-booster, because the ones
who ask are all the WRONG guy!
And don't tell me I'm being judgemental because
I base my first impression partly on how they dress,
because you can tell a lot about a person
by the way they dress and how they present
themselves.
So, here's the root of my problem:
I feel like I hardly have any girl-friends because
for some reason girls seem to hate me,
and I hardly have any guy-friends because
for some reason I can't just be "friends" with a guy,
because they always want it to be more.
So, there's my vent.
I feel like I have no friends.
The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment