Sunday, October 5, 2014

Smorgesboard... I'm not sure how to spell that

Well, this past week has been weird.
On a good note I got to talk to Ricky the other day
via Google Hangout.
Thank the Lord Almighty for whoever invented that.
But anyway, as I was saying,
this past week has been really strange.
Probably because it's really starting to set in 
how different home-life is going to be from the 
mission field.
And it's not necessarily a "different" that I like.
Regular life just seems to meaningless 
now that I've served my mission,
which makes me feel horrible because 
I do enjoy being home with my family, but
I feel as if everything I do here is almost pointless
and doesn't really make a difference to anything
or anyone.
It's an awful feeling, and I don't like it.
It doesn't help that my personal habits of 
reading my scriptures and praying have been 
rather "shot" because things have gotten so crazy,
and for some reason I feel like if I try to set some
time aside to actually pick up and study,
it'll be kind of blind because I don't have an objective.
I don't have specific people that I'm studying for.
Which then makes me feel apathetic, because
of course I can be making contributions to
my family's spiritual welfare, but for some reason
I don't feel inclined to do that because I feel
like that's my parents' job.
I don't know.
I miss my mission...
I miss it a lot.
I miss the direction, the structure, 
everything having significant meaning,
etc. etc.
I want to go back, but I know that's not 
possible.
It doesn't help that my older brother is still on his mission
and so now I almost feel envious of him because
he's doing all the wonderful, meaningful stuff.
But, I was honest and told him that I
feel like I'm having "post-mission depression", 
so maybe he'll have some suggestions on what I can do
to try to find meaning for my life.
I feel weird asking Ricky about it, but I know
that that's in part because I'm afraid to get too attached
to him, even though I feel like he's a guy I would want
to marry...figure that one out.
But maybe I will ask him about it, because
I need some help, before this gets bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment