Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The "L" word...

For those of you not accustomed to the unspoken words, 
the "L" word is one of them.
What is the "L" word, you might ask?
"Love."
A word I haven't said to a single person of the opposite gender in over a year. 
Not since Ty.
But, moving on.

So, a few days ago, I happened to be talking to Brandon about Fidget, and I said I was really kind of worried, because Fidget had already used the "L" word to me, over a text, but still, he used it.
I couldn't bring myself to respond to it.
Just wouldn't happen.
Brandon told me to at least try to, but that there shouldn't be any huge rush, because it would come with time.
So, that's basically what I'd been doing for a while, but then tonight, which just happened to be election day. A very disappointing election day, mind you. When Fidget drove me home, we stood outside my house for a while and talked, and he held me in his arms. 
I was pretty upset about the outcome, but we decided to talk about different things.
I mentioned how I'd never said the "L" word to him, but he'd said it several different times to me, and he said "Well, that's just over text. Doesn't really count." 
Then he brought me into a hug, then said really quietly in my ear "I love you, Grace."
and, smiling, I responded.
"I love you."
So yeah, shock of the century, I think. 
Grace said the "L" word! 
And the wonderful thing is that I feel just fine about it. I'm not scared, I'm not nervous, I feel perfectly fine. I'm at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment