Monday, January 7, 2013

"A soft answer will extinguish any contention."

Well, I finally got everything worked out with Fidget.  
It didn't go anything like I expected it was going to go, but
I'm ok with it. 
How it went down was Brandon had both of us go over to his and Carrie's house,
and we sat across the room, and he was the ref. 
He started off by having us name 5 things we like about the other person,
which, I'm somewhat embarrassed to say, was a little hard for me..
I was really upset by the things he'd said. Normally, I could have probably said 
"I know you care about me."
or 
"You're always really nice."
But neither of those were true, so I didn't want to say them.
I really struggled finding my 4th and 5th things, which then made me feel 
kinda bad because he spouted off 5 things, easy. 
After we were done making sure we were both feeling non-viscious, we started
actually discussing what was going on.  I was pretty amazed at how he didn't
try to point fingers at me. Instead, he was willing to listen to me and accept
that maybe he hadn't been the nicest person lately.
It's still a little crazy though. 
My brother asked me to go on a double-date with him and the girl he really likes,
and I said ok, but I can't bring Fidget, because as much as he's annoyed me
lately, we've held hands, and kissed, and if I take him, I'll more than
likely want to hold hands and such, and I don't want to make his date feel like
she's being pressured into a relationship.  
So, I was thinking of maybe asking David, another one of mine and Fidget's friends, 
but there was a whole bunch of drama with that, because Fidget thought
I was trying to hit on David to try to make him jealous, and it exploded into this
big huge thing that he was constantly getting on my case about.
I need to figure out how I can tell Fidget that my brother doesn't want me taking
someone that I'll be all couple-y with, but instead someone that I'm just friends with.
Hopefully it goes over well.
I don't want to not tell him, because if he finds out, he'll really explode.
I just need to be extremely tactful about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment