Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cold Turkey

I never really thought of it as that until yesterday,
when it suddenly hit me.
I'm not going to hear from Ty for 2 years.
2
whole
years.
We've been broken up for barely 18 months, but 
all that time, we've at least kept in contact, 
and I've even seen him a few times.
Did I do this to myself?
Did my inability to fully let go set the stage
for this to happen?
I've been completely torn up about this since
yesterday, and I can't find peace about it.
He's in my dreams all the time...
Ever since Sunday - nope, I take it back.
Before Sunday, by like, a week.
And now he's gone...
Like, GONE, gone...
Thank heaven I'm going on a mission of my own.
I would probably go mad if I had to stay 
around here and just never hear from him, except
for if I happened to be unfortunate enough to 
run into his family. 
I'm trying to tell myself that this is a
good thing. 
Because I know it is, but for some reason, 
the pain is still there.
Maybe it'll always be there.
I don't know. 
Either way, I know now, I'm definitely
not a fan of doing anything Cold Turkey.
It's not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment