Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy 1-year Anniversary!

Of me being single!

Not quite sure how I feel about it,
but it's fine.
Especially because this marks the beginning
of something even better :) 
Something that makes me very happy.
So it's all worth it.

I have a crazy story though!
Last night, I was at a party with my 
high school friends, and it was all fine and dandy,
we always have a lot of fun.
After it was over, I went to Peter's house to talk
to him, to see how he's doing.
He seemed to be doing just fine, and we
had a really good discussion about gospel stuff,
and how far he's come.
I won't go into details, because I haven't asked him
if I can put those details in here, and they're
rather personal.
So anyway, we talked until about 2 in the morning,
then I was like "oh boy, I oughta get home.."
But then we lost track of time again, and another
few minutes passed, and suddenly
both Peter and I got this feeling like I needed to leave
NOW.
Like, urgent.
So, he walked me over to my car, and the feeling kept
getting stronger.  He told me that I wasn't allowed to text
and drive, which I don't do anyway,
so no big deal, 
but then he said "you better text me as soon as you
get home."  which makes sense, because if I was getting
an eerie feeling concerning my friend, I'd want to know they 
got home safe.
When I left, I was super edgy the whole drive, but I started
out going the usual way that I go, but then I got this little impression
that I should take a different route, and this is the crazy part.
I had a very strong feeling that if I didn't, something, or
someone, would follow me home.
So, I did, and ended up taking a huge detour to my house, and as
soon as I got there, I booked it inside. 
I texted Peter as soon as I was inside, and I told him I was safe
but I told him about me taking a different route and the
feeling that I got about being followed.
This is the other crazy part.
He had the same feeling...
Coinsidence?
Nope.
I was probably saved from being kidnapped and raped 
outside my own house.
Kinda freaky to think about, and it's given me a bit of anxiety
to really think hard about it, but I am so thankful that
I listened to the little nudges I got from the Spirit.
And that Peter has fixed his life to where he can 
hear them too.
I'm so glad I didn't give up on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment