Saturday, August 25, 2012

Best date of my life :)

No, this does not mean I went on a date recently.
Because I didn't.
This date I'm going to tell about happened over a year ago,
sometime in July.
Technically it wasn't a "date" because me and the other party said so.
But it pretty much was.
I was still dating Ty at that point, but whatever.
So, it was with a guy I had known for about a year, and we finally said
"Hey, we should hang out sometime."
Yeah, 'hang out.'
Date.
Anyway, I had got a bunch of Coldstone gift certificates
from some people I had taught in Swim Lessons that session, so I was like
"Dude, I have gift certificates to Coldstone, let's use them!"
So, we set a date for after I got off work one day,
I offered to go get him since I was paying,
but he was like "No, I'll come get you, no biggie."
I told him my address, and he found my house,
which like, never happens.
So we drove down to Coldstone, over by 7eleven, 
and we got our ice cream and just kinda talked about life,
but that was basically all we had planned, so afterward, he
was like "so, now what?"
I was like "I don't know..."
so he said "How about we go to D.I. and just kinda look at all
the old stuff?"
I was like "Ok, sure!"
So we went over to D.I. and we ended up looking through all
the old records, and broken type writers,
all that D.I. has to offer.
I found this super cool wallet that was teeny, and he was like
"I'll get that for you."
It was 75 cents.
Not a big deal.
Then he found a BYU hat that he fell in love with, so he ended up buying that.
After we were done at D.I., we were just kinda driving around, 
and his friend ended up calling him and was like 
"Dude, come watch a movie with me and my girlfriend!"
And he was like "You cool with that?" To me.
I was like "I'm chill."
So we needed to go find a movie to watch, so we were
just going to go to Redbox and get one, but we didn't
have a credit card, and his parents weren't home,
so we ended up going to his grandparents' house
and borrowing his grandma's.
She was an awesome lady :) it was funny though,
when we first walked into her house, she was like, 
"Are you guys on a date?"
and we were both like "Nooooo!"
And she just said "Ok, good, cuz [        ] has his mission to go on."
and I was like "Oh, I know, I know."
When we were leaving, he was like "Ok, see you Grams"
then he went up and kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug
and I was like 



Because seriously, what 18 year old guy treats his Grandma that way???
Like, none of them!!!
So then, I'm like "Dude, you are awesome!"
*In my mind*
We went and got the movie, we ended up choosing this one called
Unknown.
It's got Liam Neeson in it.
Babe.
When we went over to his friend's house, I felt a tad bit
awkward, just because I was like "ok, I don't know anybody here
except [            ]."
We went downstairs, and his friend and the girlfriend were being all
cuddly on the couch, then me and [             ] were just sitting awkwardly
next to each other, like, 3 feet away from each other.
I had never seen Unknown, so I didn't really know what to expect, but I get
scared really easily. Let's just lay that right out on the table.
So, like, 1/4 of the way through the movie, it gets to this one part where
Martin Harris (the main guy [Liam Neeson])
is walking down these stairs to the Subway in Germany, and he starts
hearing footsteps behind him.
[            ] had decided to ditch the couch and was laying on the floor,
but as soon as it got to that part,
I was like "[           ], get up here! I need you!" 
So he came up and sat next to me, but he couldn't put his arms around me,
because I had a boyfriend...
So, we sat side by side, leaning in towards each other so our shoulders were touching.
That's how he comforted me,
and made sure I wasn't scared.
Lame.
But it worked.
After the movie (which was awesome, by the way, I recommend it)
was over, we went into his friend's back yard and made a fire.
After not too long though, [          ] said that he should probably take me home,
because it was getting kind of late.
We went back to his car, and on the way home, the song
"Party Rock Anthem" came on the radio,
and we danced crazy in our seats every time the shuffle music started.
It was awesome!
I have never had a date that good ever before, or since.
 And no, that is not a challenge,
because nobody can top it.
Period.
As simple as it was, it was purely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment