Monday, August 20, 2012

I hate singles wards.

Warning: If you are opposed to "language", do not read this post.  I swore a lot in it, because "dang it" and "crap" really didn't cut it.
  
I never want to go to a singles ward.
I hate them.
The only real purpose of the whole damn organization is to get young people to pair off and get married.
And they're all like parasites.  If you're not in a singles ward, they come after you.
They bug you about coming to activities.
Then even your friends suddenly turn and start saying "come "hang out" with us" when it's a singles ward activity.
I am so freaking sick of this shit.
I'm NOT going to a freaking singles ward.
Ever.

Yes, I have some very exaggerated anger about this.  I don't care.
You wanna know what happened?
So, Nathan texted me yesterday, asking if I wanted to go play Frisbee with some "people".  I even asked him if it was a singles ward thing and he said "no, it's just a bunch of us hanging out."
So I figured I was ok.
After work, which, by the way, it was a 10 hour day for me today, I texted him asking if they were still planning on doing Frisbee, and he said "yeah, if you're coming." Feeling pressured, I decided to go.
When I got there, I saw a whoooole lot of people I didn't know, and I knew Nathan doesn't have that many close friends.
I started to get suspicious, but I stayed, because I didn't want to cause a big scene, and I had no way of getting home.
The game was going ok, till some dick-head started taunting me because I was calling out to my teammates to watch out for the next move the opposite team was going to make. I knew it was coming, but they didn't respond quick enough. The guy was like "aren't you supposed to be playing for your own team?" And I just kind of ignored him, but then he was going on about how I "didn't know which team I was on"
so I just looked ahead of me and said "I don't need you to tell me how to play the game." 
and walked off.
Later, this other kid came and was being all up-in-your-face type thing, 
which really annoyed me.
There was one time, somebody threw the Frisbee and Nathan caught it, but this other guy grabbed onto him, so Nathan threw him over his shoulder and slammed him onto the ground.
And the guy started trash-talking him.
Like "don't be a dick. is it illegal for me to go after the frisbee? That not ok with you?"
So I called over "you freaking grabbed him."
And the guy glared at me.
The game kept going on, eventually people just stopped trying to talk to me, probably because I was being so bitchy to everyone.  Someone threw the Frisbee really hard, and this kid tried to catch it, but ended up tumbling and falling to his knees, but then he didn't get up.
So I ran over and asked if he was ok, he said his shoulder hurt really bad, and he figured out that he broke his collarbone.
He didn't want me to touch him, so I was trying to keep my distance, but then this kid (the one that grabbed onto Nathan) comes over and started rubbing his hand all over the kid's shoulder!
So I was like "dude, don't touch it."
And he looked up at me and snaps "I'm very good at what I do!"
He's a physical therapist.
He deals with people AFTER they've been injured and have received emergency care.
I could tell that this asshole wasn't going to take anything from me, so I had no choice but to back off.
 He slinged the kid's arm, but he did it wrong, then he told the kid "K dude, you need to stand up so we can take you to the car."
The f*** was this guy thinking???
He stood the kid up, he took one step, and the kid turned white. Like, gonna pass out white, which he did.  He went limp, and they were like "Oh shit, we gotta lay him down." So I supported his head, and managed to get someone to strap his arm to his waist so it wouldn't move.  That was one thing that was done right.
They never called an ambulance, but they got him into a car so they could drive him to the hospital.
I was so livid though.
They did not take care of that kid right.
But who the hell was I to say anything? I was a newbie to this "ward" so I had no idea what the fu I was doing, apparently, even though this is part of my JOB!
After the kid was taken away, everybody left, except me and Nathan. We walked around for a bit and Nathan told me some things that had happened lately, but I really wasn't in the mood to talk.  
He kept trying to get me to talk about it, but really, I was kinda pissed at him.
He'd basically kinda tricked me into coming to this damn "activity" in the first place.
We got into his car, and we started driving, and I just said "I want to go home."
We drove in absolute silence for the rest of the ride.
When we got to his house, I decided to as him something.
"I have one question for you."  
"Ok, what?"  He asked all innocently.
"Was this FHE for your singles ward?"
He looked at me like it was a no-duh, and said "yeah."
I grabbed onto the door of the car, and after I opened it, I said "Stop inviting me."
He tried making excuses, but I didn't listen.  I just said "I don't want to come to any of your singles ward crap anymore."  
Then I shut the door and went inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment