Sunday, August 5, 2012

Moving on, not quite what it sounds like

So, just recently, my dad was pretty much offered a job that would pay a lot more than his job right now,
in a city about an hour away from where we are right now.
I can't really decide how I feel about it.
I'm excited, but for some reason, it just makes me sick to think about it at the same time.
Because, if he gets this job, they said that hopefully we/they will end up moving somewhere closer to there. Somewhere that's about forty minutes away. That's what scares me.
I think I'm just freaking myself out though.
But I don't know.
I don't want to move away from the town I've known my whole life, and have to start fresh, when I'm just barely all grown up and trying to get out on my own. I don't want to have to do that in a different town.
I don't want to have to leave my job.
My friends.
My love.
(If you don't know who I'm talking about, nevermind. Don't worry about it)
I can't imagine having to move that far away from him.
Because what if, because of the distance, it doesn't work?
What would I do?
I suppose I just have to trust that God knows what he's doing, and if I'm supposed to be with him, I'll end up with him somehow or other. 
I pray that that's the way it will work out for me.
I just have to remember to be faithful and keep going on the path I'm supposed to be on. And if I happen to stray from that path, get back on it as soon as I can.
I'm not exactly sure what that path is right now.
Perhaps I need to do a little more soul searching and find out.
Pray a little.
Maybe go to the temple.
That's the only thing I know for sure, is that I want to do what the Lord wants me to do.
I keep getting little feelings that I can see what's going to happen if I continue on any said path that I'm on, and it makes me really excited, I'm just hoping I'm not just thinking it to myself again.
But there's no way that's possible.
I know that it didn't come from me.
Whatever happens, the Lord will guide my path. Whatever path that is.
And that is where I will find my peace.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you know that you are loved and that if and when you leave, I will miss you tremendously. I am sorry that we haven't been able to do more this summer, though I hope we will be able to get together one more time at least for the end of the summer.

    I want you to know that I love you and support you, even though I have no answers. You are beautiful, talented and I know that your perfect man is out there, whether you have met him yet or not. Despite what others may say or think, I hope you will always know that you are smart, have great ideas and potential and can be anything you want to be. I don't know if this helps you at all but I just wanted you to know that I am here for you. <3/ Linda

    ReplyDelete