Thursday, August 16, 2012

I thought I was going to hate today

The title pretty much sums it up.  I thought today was going to be the worst day of my life.  I had work at one o'clock today, and after work, I had Institute with Jason.
Ugh.
He's being such a dick lately, I didn't even want to go tonight because he would be in the same room as me.  I know that's kind of childish, but I think after all the crap he's pulled on me, I have a right to be really pissed off at him. 
But anyway, after Institute, I had the option of going to Peter's sister's wedding reception at his house.
Peter told me I should go, and that he was going to have my other friend Kaitlyn there as a date.
I was kinda like "ehhh, a date?" 
Then he told me that Fidget would be there, and he was going to have a date too. And another couple friends of theirs who are together would be there.
So then I'm like "soooo......I'm the 7th wheel? No thanks."
There's no way I could whip up a date in 2 hours, not to mention the fact that I didn't want to.
Cuz dating is stupid.
So yeah, by the time work was over, I was just like "I just don't want to go anywhere today. I might as well go to the movies by myself."


So as I was going home from work, I blasted music and screamed at all the other cars. I did not drive recklessly, but I was just getting some anger out. Turns out my family was leaving right as I got home so then I was like "GREAT!" 
-.-
Then I go in my room, and I get a friendly little reminder that I'm not alone at all, that I just need to be patient.  It's funny how the Lord works. You think you're at the lowest of lows, and suddenly He lifts you out of the darkness and back into the light.  
So, I'm going to Institute and the reception.
The Lord will be my date tonight.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment