Thursday, October 13, 2011

A blessing in disguise. At FIVE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!

I'm now 150% positive that God has a very hilarious sense of humor.

I had been praying my heart out this week to get to spend one more day with Nick because I didn't know if I would get to see him again before he's gone... He was ordained today, and so starts the beginning of the next two years...
Anyway, in my prayer, I practically begged to get to see him one more time, and I had this really peaceful feeling that I would. After I'd finished my prayer, I got into bed, and I always listen to music while I'm going to sleep. Mostly Colbie Caillat. Anyway, I was gonna listen to Colbie again, and my iPod is always on shuffle, and when I hit play, the song "Fallin' for you" came on, which is the song that reminds me 100% of Nick!
I suddenly had this strange, wonderful feeling of serenity, as if someone in the back of my head was saying "Yes, you'll see him."
I went to sleep happy that night.

Then my manager called me at 4:40 in the morning asking if I would go in to work!

I woke up grumpy.

I told her that I couldn't go in because I was still getting over a cold, and I needed sleep.
(Mind you, I had gone to bed at 1:30)
So then, I tried going back to sleep, but nothing would work. I had this little voice in my head saying "You need to go to work. Go. GO!" So in my head I went "UUUUUGH, FINE!!!" and got ready for work. When I went in to tell my mom was leaving, boy, you better believe she was shocked.
6 o'clock in the morning, going in and saying "Hey, I'm going to work."
Pfft.
So anyway, I got to work at 6:15 ish, and was wondering why in the heck I had been told that I needed to be at work. Was somebody gonna die? Whyyy did I need to be here?
I kept thinking and thinking about it, and on one of my breaks, I went in and looked at the schedule.
Nick was scheduled to work at 9, which was when I would be off.

-.-

*Looking at ceiling, talking to God* "You woke me up at 5 in the morning for THAT!?"
He was probably laughing at me up there.
So, I stayed at work, and eventually 9 o'clock rolled around, and sure enough, here comes Nick, but he's looking for someone to take his shift off!
*Once again, talking to God* "You've gotta be kidding me!"
He needed it off because his mom had volunteered at his little brother's elementary school, but she was sick, so he had to do it for her. I told him I could stay until 12 for him, and he said he could be back by then. So now I'm thinking "Ok, maybe this isn't so bad..."
The next 3 hours went by awfully quick, and before I knew it, he was back. Once I was clocked out, I went to talk to him, and we talked about his date with the Head Guard and how it bothered me, but he didn't tell me because he didn't want to make me jealous, which I kinda suspected, so yeah, I wasn't mad about it anymore anyway. He asked me if I would come back before 3 so we could go back to the park where we first kissed after he was off work.
*Revelation! Happiness!* "I see where you're going with this!"
So, I went home and showered, got ready, and went back to work, stopping by Subway along the way. I had a strange feeling that God was making sure everything was working perfectly as I went. There was no line at Subway, which around that time, there will get to be a pretty long one. When I went back to my car to go out of the parking lot, the person in front of me had pulled out already so I didn't have to back up and turn around. As insignificant as that is, it was a big deal for me.
When I got there, I had to go in and put my stuff for teaching in my locker, and also my purse, so I just hung out in the guard room until he was off, then we left to go to the park. While we were there, we walked around a lot, and ate our Subway, and he kissed me, and we sat under trees, and poked each other.
Generally had a wonderful time.
When he drove me back to work, he said he wasn't sure if doing something tomorrow was going to work, but he would let me know. He also said that he had found out he wouldn't be able to do anything the next day because he was going to be at the temple from the time he got off work till late at night. All at once, I got all choked up because it all made sense now!
This was my day! My promised day!
I made a small, undecipherable comment about it, and he had no idea what I was talking about, and he asked me to tell him.
"I can't. I'm gonna get emotional." I said, blinking my watery eyes.
"That's ok." He said, holding my hand tight.
"No it isn't! I have to go teach!" I said, and his expression fell.
Once I'd regained my composure, he told me not to let any kids drown while I was teaching swim lessons, and I promised I wouldn't, then I went inside and taught.
Which was really boring.
When I went home, I can't remember what I did, exactly, but I remember I had to go to Walmart, and I happened to be texting Nick at the time, and I told him, and he said "can I come?"
*Again, talking to God* "Ok, I'm grateful. You're spoiling me."
I asked him if he intended to drive down clear down to where I live and come with me, and he said "that's exactly what I mean." So, he came with me to Walmart, and we had a grand ol' time haha he showed me the difference between a bad fishing pole, and a good fishing pole. Not like I exactly care, because I'm no fisherwoman, but I do like that he loves the outdoors so much.
After we had gotten back in the car from going to Walmart, we went to Wendy's and got chicken nuggets. We got 15. I ate 4 1/2. He ate the other 10 1/2.
In the same amount of time.
After that, we went back to my house and just kinda hung out with my family. He had to be home at 10:30 though, so he had to leave at 10. I walked him out to his car, and we talked for a minute. I started shivering once we were out there, which sucked, but he gave me a hug to try and warm me up, so it was ok.
Also, he gave me my last kiss.
And it was perfect.
I was half tempted, when he said "Last kiss." to say "Make it count." But I didn't. I'm guessing it's probably a good thing. Might have messed things up.
But it turned out perfectly.
Something I'm sure I'll be grateful for forever.
I'd woken up at 5 in the morning for that.
And I'd do it again any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment